As we welcome everyone back to Metro Ice Sports Facility, for the safety of our employees and our customers, we will be following the guidance of CDC, Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Polk County Health (PCH), as well as the directives of USA Hockey. These guidelines are subject to change and will be updated as needed.. A copy of these guidelines can be found at here: COVID-19-Guidelines.
The following guidelines are in effect:
- Metro Ice Sports Facility will re-open on June 1st, 2020 at 50% legal capacity.
- Common areas will be restricted, and public areas will be designated accordingly.
- Social distancing signage and markers have been placed within the facility.
- Participants are encouraged to follow all social distancing guidelines to the best of their ability while in the facility and on any playing surface (ice rink, athletic field).
- All common areas, including the designated staging areas and players benches will be disinfected between sessions.
- Temperatures of all participants entering the facility will be taken.
- Participants with a temperature above 99.9 will be turned away.
- Anyone showing signs of illness, coughing, sneezing, etc., will be turned away.
- All participants are required to stay home if they are sick or have been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 cases.
- All coaches are required to provide a player roster.
- All coaches and participants are required to sign provided waivers.
- Locker rooms will not be available, and participants are encouraged to dress prior to entering the facility, as the staging area for putting on skates will be limited due to social distancing.
- Participants will be allowed to enter the building 15 minutes prior to their scheduled event time.
- Participants MUST leave the facility no more than 15 minutes after their scheduled event time.
- Participants are required to bring their own water bottles marked with their name.
- No sharing of equipment, water bottles, towels, etc.
- No spitting on the ice, players benches, floor, or any other area in the facility.
- Currently, Parents and Spectators will NOT be allowed into the facility.
- The lounge area will be closed, and concessions will not be available.
- OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED in the facility and parking lot area.
- No OUTSIDE FOOD will be allowed into the facility.
- No loitering or tailgating in the parking lot.
Thank You for Your Cooperation and Stay Healthy!